I thought it was the dish that ran away with the spoons?

Well, in the nursery rhyme it is but for me it's POTS!

Click this for an explanation of POTS

And this for an explanation of SPOONS



Friday 12 March 2010

I'm doing good!

I discovered that resting actually makes me feel WORSE. But being too active makes me tired and run down and susceptible to illnesses like colds/sore throats. So I have to find the balance between cycles of activity and cycles of rest.

The past couple of weeks have been a cycle of activity. The previous 2 were a cycle of too much rest- the resting made my BP low and I felt worse.

So, whilst I have been busy, I have: been out two Friday nights in a row. Been to my boyfriend's the Saturday evening after each of these nights, and been a walk each Sunday with him. This past week, Monday I went on a school trip to a castle, which involved climbing up the keep. I managed this fine because at each level, the guide was telling the children things so I could sit and rest. Tuesday I went a short local walk with the school children learning about the old houses in the village. That was less fun because it involved a lot of standing around in the cold while the teacher spoke about the old buildings. I went home to bed afterwards and have been taking it fairly easy since, but I managed to go into college last night and hand in my latest work. I left early but the fact I felt okay to go was a difference in how I'd been feeling the previous few months.

Generally, I'm tired and achy and keep getting bad headaches now- which is a sign I need to recuperate. I'm really glad though that I have got some strength back and am able to be more active.

Having a take it easy weekend this weekend, spending it with my Mum and Grandma instead of my boyfriend due to it being Mother's day. I will miss him BUT I need the rest. I will sleep better at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment