I thought it was the dish that ran away with the spoons?

Well, in the nursery rhyme it is but for me it's POTS!

Click this for an explanation of POTS

And this for an explanation of SPOONS



Friday 21 May 2010

Felt well today!

This is most peculiar! I will never understand this disorder. Last night I went out with friends (it was lovely to see them and catch up, I've been more anti-social than usual the past few months with feeling so lacking in energy), ate late, drank less than I would normally (water I mean!) and went to bed late, so I was expecting to wake up this morning feeling awful and... I didn't. On the contrary, I felt better than I have in ages.

I always feel better in the summer/heat. I assumed it was a SAD thing and that I like getting more light... but I'm suspecting there could be more to it than that, since last week it was VERY cold for the time of year; as soon as it's warmed up I feel lots better.

Makes me wonder if my fatigue could be to do with vitamin D deficiency, and getting some sunlight on my skin is alleviating it. Although I can't figure out why my blood pressure was so much BETTER today in all this heat. It's supposed to make it lower?!!

I'm very puzzled. POTs is so frustrating; I like to understand things and I can't understand why the heat would make me feel BETTER?!!! I also felt a lot better when I was on holiday too.

Also, despite still having tachy when moving about, when at rest my heart rate has felt, well, normal. Now, normal for me is still probably high but I can usually feel it banging away all the time so it's really bizarre that I can't, and I'm not currently taking any meds for it either.

So strange. But hey, whatever it's done, I am pleased!

Shame it can't be attributed to the delicious melting chocolate pudding I ate last night. I would love to have a healthy reason to eat one of those every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment