I thought it was the dish that ran away with the spoons?

Well, in the nursery rhyme it is but for me it's POTS!

Click this for an explanation of POTS

And this for an explanation of SPOONS



Friday 29 January 2010

Well

After ranting and raging about the damn nerve of the cardio telling me to 'put on weight and forget about it' I have emailed 2 consultants who deal with POTS, inquiring as to whether they could test me for it if I got a referral from my GP.

I'll await to hear from them before I make my next move. One is local, which is a plus, with a 'special interest' in POTS. I'm just wary of seeing people who I haven't heard good reports about now, after the palava that was today. I'd be so pissed off if precious time was wasted yet AGAIN. Though the fact he knows about POTS and syncope suggests that he should be on the ball with it. I'm just wary as to whether 'should be' means WOULD be. Though he was listed on the STARS website so that should I hope count for something.

The other is Prof. Julia Newton, who is listed on the DINET website as well as STARS and who I've heard a couple of good reports about. This would mean going out of my way and travelling much further afield, but it'd be worth it to see someone who knows what they're doing and has a caring nature (apparently, as past patient reports I stumbled across said).

So I don't know yet, depending on the responses I get, and on things like waiting times for referral, I'll hopefully be able to see either Prof N or Dr John West closer to home.

It's just more damn waiting but I keep telling myself, least I'm getting closer...

No comments:

Post a Comment