I thought it was the dish that ran away with the spoons?

Well, in the nursery rhyme it is but for me it's POTS!

Click this for an explanation of POTS

And this for an explanation of SPOONS



Wednesday 20 January 2010

I WANT TO RIP OFF THIS ELECTRODE!!!

I have got THE most persistent itch and it's RIGHT underneath one of the electrodes and so I can't scratch it!!! This is driving me nuts and I'm not even trying to sleep yet! I forsee a restless night ahead of me tonight... :/

The nurse who fitted me was actually lovely and advised me to 'get the most' out of my monitor by doing the things that provoke symptoms.

So, I'm already knackered after having walked up numerous flights of stairs (I had to take some books back to college, and I called to see my tutor- the staff room happens to be at the top of 2 flights of stairs, plus my Mum also parked in a multi-story car-park with 20 stairs to get to the level we parked at) and tidying up/hanging up some clothes.

Tomorrow I plan to go to the bank and stand in a queue, and walk up a slight (but lengthy) incline because that's enough to make me 'symptomatic'. Then I am going to the hospital to take this back by bus- because that will involve walking to the bus stop and standing waiting- in the cold- for a bus.

Can't say I am looking forward to tomorrow but I don't ever want to have to wear one of these again and so I am doing anything and everything I can to bring on tachycardia.

Which lets face it actually, with POTS, doesn't take a lot. So okay, anything and everything to show more extreme tachycardia.

I just hope I don't wear myself out for this Big Night Out on Friday... :/

No comments:

Post a Comment