I thought it was the dish that ran away with the spoons?

Well, in the nursery rhyme it is but for me it's POTS!

Click this for an explanation of POTS

And this for an explanation of SPOONS



Monday 28 June 2010

A sign...

I got on the phone, made enquiries, and with my savings, I can afford the course itself. What I don't yet know is how much extra costs there will be, like books, travel expenses (unfortunately I can only do one year of it in Manchester- nearest me- the rest is in London so not sure what it will cost to keep travelling back and forth or to stay one night in a hotel each weekend I'm there).

Another important and scary thing I don't know is how much work I will have to put in in between weekends attending the course. If working full time, not sure how much energy and time I'm going to have for that... so yeah, it's scary.

But a big part of me still feels like I'd like to try! Even though another scary factor is at the end, I'm not even guaranteed to make any money at this! Though I do think I could.

There's so many offputting things about it, but maybe- just maybe- this time my dream could take me beyond that...

I asked for a 'sign' if this is the right path to take, and funnily enough when I just logged on, today's daily motivator said thus:

Another road
If something looks to be impossible, look at it in a different way. What you wish to do can be done, though perhaps not in the way you originally thought.

Just because one road is blocked, does not mean that the destination is unreachable. You can always find another road, or make your own.

An important part of any achievement is making it your own achievement. It is your very own dream, and you must find your own way there.

Whatever seems to be blocking you is merely guiding you to be more creative. Each challenge brings with it a new opportunity to add your own unique value to the effort.

Don't let your mind get so tightly wrapped around the problems of the moment that you fail to see the larger possibilities. Know that there's a way to move forward, and you'll find it.

Your imagination is what first connected you to your dream. Nourish that imagination and let it carry you all the way there.

-- Ralph Marston

Read more: http://greatday.com/index.html#ixzz0s90PRc90

I've not made up my mind, but I'm going to talk it through with my bf and my Grandma, and I am seriously considering it.

I have no idea though, if I do go ahead and apply, what job to do in the meantime. I think this AND teaching could well be too much, especially as I'd be training for a year in the teaching too so would have work to do for that. Maybe I'd be better off going back to the alternative option of working up to being a HLTA... but I don't know. There is a LOT to think about. I just hope I can make a decision I am happy with that carries me forwards!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe an online course might be the answer. Following your dreams can be so difficult with this disease, but with great planning and support from the ones we love anything is possible.

    ReplyDelete