I thought it was the dish that ran away with the spoons?

Well, in the nursery rhyme it is but for me it's POTS!

Click this for an explanation of POTS

And this for an explanation of SPOONS



Thursday 8 April 2010

Last one...

So if all goes as I hope tomorrow, this could be my last post as an undiagnosed Potsy. I'm as sure as I can ever be that I have POTS. All my self tests have shown a hr increase of 40-50 bpm in 3-5 minutes of standing. I just need to have it confirmed medically now!

I feel like I am coming down with a cold though. I'm hoping it's just spring allergies but can't be sure, as I have been SO busy and really pushed myself, and this is what tends to happen when I do that, I just get some kind of common ailment, like a cold or sore throat, grrr!

Today was a lovely day, warm and sunny, I went over to Lee's and we spent time sitting in the garden together relaxing, it was so nice. I'm going to miss him while I'm away, but I am ready for a holiday- the sun and relaxation does me good. I've been waiting so long for this appointment, but the worst part of it wasn't feeling so weak and so ill, it was the fear I had that it would come between me and Lee (since it was only early days when I started flaring up again) but he has been fantastic since I explained everything, really caring and supportive. So that has helped me get through these past few weeks of waiting for this appointment!

I just hope I get my diagnosis tomorrow. I will be happy to be told I have POTS because then, at least I have a reason for all my symptoms, at least I KNOW for sure and certain what I am dealing with. Then I can concentrate on spreading awareness and hope, because no matter what I am going to make something positive from this. I believe everything happens for a reason, and perhaps the reason dysautonomiacs are such good, strong, kind people is because we were brought to it to help spread a positive message of hope and reassurance to anyone suffering with it and other rare illnesses.

Even if I didn't get the POTS diagnosis though, I still think my IST is a form of dysautonomia, so I'd still make sure to be part of the dysautonomia community and help with spreading awareness and hope. But to be honest, I'd be SO surprised and shocked if I didn't get diagnosed with POTS. I mean, every time I checked out my own heart rate it did what it's gotta do to get the diagnosis, and that was without all the fancy stuff like beat to beat blood pressure monitering etc.

I just hope that I find out tomorrow, and soon tomorrow, so I don't have to be in the dark for too much longer.

I'll report back when I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment